Saturday, November 20, 2010

Windows XP display theme no longer existant?

Ok, I have Windows XP on my computer. The display settings are set to have the taskbar, start menu and all the windows in XP Silver Theme. However, when I logged on this morning it was all in the classic theme. With the grey and blue. I customized the size and style of the font as well, which is no longer there.

I tried to change it back to the XP Silver theme, but changing it back it not even possible. It is not shown when I go to the Windows and Buttons in the Appearance under Display Properties. All it has now is Windows Classic Style. Before it had that and Windows XP Style as possible choices.

To try and fix it I have done a System Restore twice, nothing happened; I deleted things, like old and unused files and documents and cookies. I ran Disk Defragmentor, Disc Clean- Up, my spy-ware program, and still NOTHING!



How can I get my XP display themes back?Windows XP display theme no longer existant?
There's only one possible way to disable this, do this and update your result I'll try to help more if it doesn't resolve it.

Right click ';My Computer'; and click properties (Or Windows button + Pause/Break) . Go to the tab that says ';Advanced'; In the ';Performance'; section click ';Settings';. On the first page (';Visual Effects';) you get you have a bunch of checks. Scroll down, the last one is ';Use visual styles on windows and buttons'; Check it (This turns on the Themes service of windows xp).

This is what turns your XP themes on/off. Restart and try changing it again from the Display Appearance Configuration dialog. Or try using the radio buttons to ';Adjust for visual effects'; and then take them off one by one after you get it working.



When you right-click/properties on your desktop, there's two tabs that have the XP option. In the ';Themes'; tab you need to have XP selected from the drop-down list for it to show up in the appearance tab, make sure you have this as well.



The actual Theme for xp is located in:

C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes and it's called luna.theme.

Try browsing to it and double-clicking it (Make sure you have the visual options enabled though).Windows XP display theme no longer existant?
I know EXACTLY what this problem is. I have had it happen to myself many of times. The Theme Service is probably turned off and what you need to do is to turn it back on. What you must do is click the ';Start'; menu and then on ';Control Panel.'; After you do that click on ';Administrative Tools'; which I think that you must be your computer administrator to be able to possibly access this program. After that click on ';Services.'; Click and hold the scrool bar and scroll down to the ';T's'; and at the end of the ';T's'; you should find ';Themes.'; Click once on ';Themes'; NOT TWICE, ONLY ONCE. At the top left corner of that little screen there should be a blue underlined word that says ';Start'; and the whole sentence should say ';Start the service.'; Click on that. Then it will either automatically switch back to the xp silver theme, or you will have to go right back to your desktop and right click and then click ';Properties'; and then just turn it back on to the xp silver theme and that should do it because it sure did do it for me and now every time that I have that same problem I just do that! If you still need more help after doing this and it doesn't work or something happened feel free to e-mail me at arvettedude@yahoo.com!
See if there are still programs that came with XP and if so, go to display and it should let you change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment