Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How Do I Change Default Email Font Size with AT&T Yahoo Browser Toolbar?

I'm trying to help out my Dad with a computer problem but he is in Norther California and I am in Seattle. His Internet Provider (IP) is SBC Global, his Operating System (OS) is Microsoft XP, his Browser is Internet Explorer-8, and he has the AT%26amp;T Yahoo Browser Toolbar.



Dad has difficulty reading the font size for his email and wants to change the default font size but so far hasn't had any luck. It is difficult for me to help him because I don't have that toolbar and I'm not familiar with it. Short of installing it on my computer I'll ask all you smart folks for help :--)



How do you permanently change the default font size for email (and for all views such as reading websites) using the AT%26amp;T Yahoo Browser Toolbar?



Thank you for your help.



Karen %26amp; Dad (Jim)How Do I Change Default Email Font Size with AT%26amp;T Yahoo Browser Toolbar?
You shouldn't focus your attention on the AT%26amp;T Yahoo Browser Toolbar. Toolbars provide a convenient shortcut to get to your Mail webpage. Alternatively you could enter the URL in the address bar (e.g., mail.yahoo.com) or use a bookmark or favorite. It's the webpage designer who determined the default font and size. If your dad is using Yahoo e-mail, then I understand why he is having problems. The font size used to display the inbox is very small. There are no provisions for people with poor eyesight (or visual impairment). The assumption is probably to use the accessibility features of the Operating System (e.g. the Magnifier). It's only when you compose new e-mail or reply to existing e-mail that you are provided with the opportunity to specify font and font size. Many browsers have Zoom and Text Size buttons. Neither work well for Yahoo mail under Internet Explorer. The best result I have found is to view Yahoo mail under the Firefox browser using one or two levels of Zoom In. Somewhat off topic, the AT%26amp;T Yahoo browser is no longer supported. AT%26amp;T recommends Internet Explorer or Mozilla (Firefox).

No comments:

Post a Comment