Saturday, November 20, 2010

Linux Ubuntu 8.04, why is some text much larger than other text? How do I fix this?

Hello All,

I'm trying out Linux for the first time. For some reason, drop down boxes and some type is larger than other type. I'm not sure why. It makes it very difficult. Text that is too large includes: the text I type in when logging in, drop down menus on the internet, and misc text on the internet. Some pages look fine. I did find under system%26gt;appearance%26gt;fonts that all fonts are Sans 10 pt font. I even tried changing everything to Serif. The text is so large that my screen isn't able to display everything Thanks for any help!Linux Ubuntu 8.04, why is some text much larger than other text? How do I fix this?
This is the only link I could find directly linked to this issue with Ubuntu 8.04 http://community.activestate.com/forum-t



Hope you get it resolved.



LUg.



Edit :

Here is a link off the above link

http://community.activestate.com/faq/cus



LUg.

No comments:

Post a Comment