Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do you do the little heart thingy?

There are other ways, but people will tell you what '; they '; do,

but they wont say what operating system, what computer, what FONT, what browser, etc. so what they do may not work.

Maybe someone will tell you clearly what do in english, with the

details ( for a change ) instead of stuff like '; press ;%26gt;@ '; etc.

which only works on their own computer.

When I cut and paste the entire symbol character set, including the four playing card symbols with the heart, I get this garbage instead, but if I cut and paste some elses heart off the web, I

get a heart.. hope someone who really knows, posts the correct way to generate a heart on any computer, since I cant.

NOTE :

see what I mean - all the answers above do not work,

and not one person said what OS/browser/Font/computer they were using. I tried them all ( unless you take the guy who said ';thats just a symbol '; as though stating the obvious was of any help at all ! With answerers like that, why bother....)

ENGLISH, anyone?How do you do the little heart thingy?
?????????????????????



Here it is, go Start, Run



then type charmap,



make sure the font is Arial and just scroll down until you find the symbol you like, click select, then on copy



then paste it where ever you like







Hope this helpsHow do you do the little heart thingy?
GOOD QUESTION - NOTHING WORKS FOR ME EITHER



Here is the original posting with the strange, non working answers:



______________________________________…





i love volle...

how do you do the little heart thingy?

not this one %26lt;3 the other one i dont get it plz help me!!!!!!!!!

(56 minutes ago - 6 answers )





Answers





Beca %26lt;3

?? %26amp; hearts ;





tdotsoulja

That's just a symbol. LoL





wavycorn_ent...

alt and 3 on the keypad







Varsha S

? copy this





dwightl.geo

copy them off of this page

http://dwight.clickthesky.com/internetti…



cowgurl_bare...

you have to know what computer operating system you are using,

and what FONT TYPE you are using, etc.

You can highlight a heart you see, CRTL C ( copy ) and CTRL V

(paste ) and there are keyboard shortcuts, but depending on whether you use a MAC or XP or 98 or whatever, and whatever

font set, and what browser, the keystrokes are different.



You can go into ( this varies, again on what OS you use, and what FONT you use ) the Accessories, system tools,

and CHARACTER MAP, and choose and cut and paste.



There are other ways, but people will tell you what '; they '; do,

but they wont say what operating system, what computer, what FONT, what browser, etc. so what they do may not work.



Maybe someone will tell you clearly what do in english, with the

details ( for a change ) instead of stuff like '; press ;%26gt;@ '; etc.

which only works on their own computer.



When I cut and paste the entire symbol character set, including the four playing card symbols with the heart, I get this garbage instead, but if I cut and paste some elses heart off the web, I

get a heart...





!';#$%%26amp;'()*+,-.0123456789:;%26lt;=%26gt;?



@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]...



àá??????èéê?ìí??D?òó???×?ùú?üY...



?¢£¤¥|§¨?a??-?ˉ°±23′μ?·?1o????...



`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}...



€????…???‰???????‘’“”?–—??????...



àá??????èéê?ìí??D?òó???×?ùú?üY...



áàa?????èéê?ìí??e?òó???÷?ùú?üy...



hope someone who really knows, posts the correct way to

generate a heart on any computer, since I cant.



NOTE :

see what I mean - all the answers above do not work,

and not one person said what OS/browser/Font/computer they were using. I tried them all ( unless you take the guy who said ';thats just a symbol '; as though stating the obvious was of any help at all ! With answerers like that, why bother....)



Hopefully someone will answer in plain english instead of

computer jibberish...

'; just %26gt;$8@ hearts '; what the heck is that? duh



? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? those ?s are hearts in

ANSWERS EDIT BOX, But I cant get them in NOTEPAD or

anywhere else, for that matter...



The person above who said COPY THIS was the only

way that my computer could generate the character, and

ONLY if I copied ( CTRL C ) from the web page, and

PASTED ( CTRL V ) into the ANSWERS EDIT window.

If I paste into my own computer, say NOTEPAD, I get

? or a blank, depending on how I do it...



Can anyone who knows this stuff comment?



When I cut and paste a heart into notepad, it becomes a

?, but when I put it back into questions, it just remains

a ? ... strange



DWIGHTl's web page is really interesting, but again, absolutely

nothing on the page worked, and ALT #### got me

ALT ding ding ding ding, as usual, since the press alt and

a number method has not not ever worked on my computer,

with my font, with my operating system etc. which no one

bothers to mention...



If you cant follow the intructions either, just cut and paste



______________________________________…



I HOPE SOMEONE WILL GIVE A GOOD ANSWER THAT WORKS FOR A CHANGE !

No comments:

Post a Comment