Saturday, November 20, 2010

This dang computer is driving me crazy! I have erased a bunch of programs that I don't use to make it run fast

but now I can't print a word document because it says to close other programs that are running ( And I can't tell which ones are running) plus it automatically backs up all files and I don't want it to do that. And NOW I can't remember what I did to erase the programs. I have ONE program on here that I can't find my original disk to. If it weren't for the fact that I want to save that one program I would do a complete system restore. My questions: How do I stop my files from being backed up? How do I save the one program to do a system restore? How do I find out which programs are running so I can print word documents again? And finally, when I do print, no matter what size font I type in, it ALWAYS prints in a 10 font. how do I change that?This dang computer is driving me crazy! I have erased a bunch of programs that I don't use to make it run fast
The only program I ever had that backed up my files without my knowledge was Norton. If you find that this is the case with you, then you have to know that the fact the backup exists makes it almost impossible to get Norton off your system.



To track down backups quickly, you can go to Start%26gt;Search, and have your system search for all files with a .bkf extension.



Then, again, if it's the case of Norton, uninstall the program and get something else.



Your other problems working with Microsoft Word indicate that you are new to working with the program and with setting your printer parameters. There are no system problems involved with anything you've said this regard.



BTW, Windows may warn you that it will automatically back up your documents as you go. But it's assumed that you are going to ';save'; the document afterwards anyway, so no harm is done.



Some printers don't take font instruction from your system, so no matter what you set on the printer, it will print in a default font.



Then, you speak of ';System Restore';, while I know what you mean is that you would like to reinstall your OS from scratch. Two very different actions. Know what you are doing when you choose.



If I only had one file to worry about, I can't imagine any that could be so serious that it would keep me from restoring my system.



If you've lost a program, the best way to find it is to right-click My Computer; select, Explore, then Local Disk c:, then, Programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment