Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do you change this thing in ur compueter thing ?

I admit, this is going to be a fairly dumb, simple question...



I recently upgraded to Windows XP and originally font of the icons on my desktop didn't have the boxed background color around it (like all previous Windows versions had). The background image comes all the way up to the edge of the letter. I must of made some change somewhere, because now I've got that ugly boxed background color around it again (in Windows XP).



Anyone have any ideas where that setting is? I've gone nuts trying to find it. Any ideas would be appreciated.'







i found this quetion online and i have been having the same problems. there was an answer which said

Go into your system properties, the advanced tab,performance settings, visual effects, use drop shadows for icons on the desktop





but i don't know where my system properties r please helpHow do you change this thing in ur compueter thing ?
I will give you step by step instructions:



1. Right click on ';My computer.';

2. Click ';Properties.';

3. Go to ';Advanced'; tab.

4. Under the Performance category, click ';Settings.';

5. Select the ';Adjust for Best Appearance'; and then click ';Apply.';



This should work, although if this does not, try this:



1. From the desktop, ';right'; click and select ';Arrange Icons By';

2. Towards the bottom of the menu, make sure that ';Lock Web Items on Desktop'; is unchecked.



Hope this helps!



%26lt;3KatieHow do you change this thing in ur compueter thing ?
Actually, I looked it up online. Apparently you are not the only one with this problem. There were whole forums on it.

Report Abuse


no idea.
right click when ur at the desktop :)then go to properties :)

good luck hunnie鈾?]
Sytem Properties would be projected in My Computer folder

Go ask someone at Computer stores like Best Buy or something else. Ask experts at trusted websites what your problem is
Woah, you JUST got Window's XP?!?!?!?!


No comments:

Post a Comment