Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I become the Administrator of my computer, again?

I am using Vista in a Compaq laptop. I have fonts @Batang, @Dotum, etc. They are called the True Type Collection. If you happen to run your mouse over them when choosing a font, my computer locks up and all work is lost. I was told to go to the Font folder and just delete them. They will NOT delete. It seems I am not the Administrator of my personal computer anymore!!



Group and User Names are System, Me and TrustedInstaller. System and Me have permission to Read %26amp; excute and Read. TrustedInstaller has Full Control. Of course, I have tried to delete TrustedInstaller and I am not allowed.



How do I correct this problem? How did TrustedInstaller get on my computer and change my settings? How did these problem fonts get on my computer?How do I become the Administrator of my computer, again?
Take it to a shop or turn off restart your computer.How do I become the Administrator of my computer, again?
Create a new user. set it as administrator, to do this, go to control panel, user accounts and family safety, click on user accounts and click on a user, type in the password (if you kno it, but if udon'ttknowo im sorry this wont work) and change the user type to administrator. if there is already another administrator, change their type into a standard user
  • Bed sheets
  • find rental listings
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment