Saturday, November 20, 2010

I need some consultive help with my WIN XP Graphical Interface please!?

I was fiddling with my Windows ';graphics'; settings (I've got Intel Extreme Graphics) and have now made some inadvertent change because of which the ';fonts'; don't appear as crystal clear (on reducing their size) as they previously used to. The visibly clean interface, of my fonts - while browsing, editing a document - or doing any font-related computer activity is not the same anymore.



How do I enable the best graphics, perfect texture and high pixels detailing to the best of my computer's graphical ability?



Please help.



Miscellaneous details: I've got WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL 32-bit, Intel Celeron Processor 1.7Ghz 256 MB RAM (with Intel Extreme Graphics) and did this stupidity on the suggestion of a utility program (Advanced System Optimizer) that advised me on how I could lessen the ';excess graphical pressure'; off my computer :-P or whatever...I need some consultive help with my WIN XP Graphical Interface please!?
You said that the fonts don't appear as crystal clear as they did. Now this may depend on the type of monitor you have but can make a difference either way. If you have a LCD display it is very likely that you turned off clear type. It can also make a difference on CRT monitors but not as noticeably so. To turn it back on go to Control Panel %26gt; Display %26gt; Appearance and click on the Advanced tab then go to Effects and under ';smooth edges of screen fonts'; select ';Clear Type';. For further fine tuning the way clear typing works you can download the Clear Type Power Toy for Windows XP below.



If that doesn't work, post back and let me know.



No need to be sorry. You may have checked but could it be that your display resolution is set too low. If it's a LCD panel, you need to run it at it it's native resolution which should be maximum for it.



Maybe someone else can think of a few ideas that I may not be hitting on.I need some consultive help with my WIN XP Graphical Interface please!?
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Report Abuse


I think you should go with your first inclination

No comments:

Post a Comment