Saturday, November 20, 2010

Problems with Japanese language in MAC?

Hello,

I recently added the feature that allows me to change from Japanese to English on my MAC, the system is 10.4. Its very handy, however I have encountered a few problems, if you are able to answer them that would be amazing!



After adding the Japanese feature, most of my programs when opened type in Japanese. Ex. when I open the internet, or word, instead of typing in English, it automatically types in Japanese. In word, I've tried changing the preferences so that the font isn't a japanese one, but it wont allow me to do that, it automatically goes back to this Japanese font which makes it type in Hiragana.

Its really annoying having to open my programs and then change the language back to english. I dont want to remove it because I need it for my classes.



How can I make English the automatic language for all of my programs?Problems with Japanese language in MAC?
In ';System Preferences'; click ';International'; -%26gt; ';Language'; and then drag English so is is higher in the list than 日本語 (Nihongo)



I also use Japanese sometimes and that is how I keep my computer in English except when I really want Japanese. I also recommend that you click ';Input Menu'; and at the bottom check the ';Show input method in menu bar';.



Gambatte kudasai

がんばってください

No comments:

Post a Comment