Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I stop Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 from being retarded?

Please help. I am making a PowerPoint presentation for class and the system keeps throwing in all these extra spaces between my words. I've tried changing the alignment, the font, I've tried fixing the kerning, I've even picked around with the character spacing and it will NOT go away. I'm getting pissed.



I try to type ';a phrase such as'; and I get ';a ph ra s e su c h a s';. It's getting on my nerves. When I try to backspace to delete the huge spacing between the words, it goes ahead and deletes the letter. Please help.How do I stop Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 from being retarded?
First thing to do - run diagnostics and update your software...



Round Office pulldown menu --%26gt; PowerPoint Options (at the bottom) --%26gt; Resources --%26gt; probably try diagnostics first, it might send you to updates anyhow.



2nd (and I apologize in advance if this sounds patronizing), but do you actually have the font installed on the computer? You could be working on a file created somewhere else and PowerPoint is just trying to render a replacement and it's choking. In the font pulldown, do you see a TT in front of the font you are using? If it is blank or there is a question mark - you don't have the actual font.



3rd - there have been know issues with OpenType above a certain size, though it's more the opposite - type piles up on itself, it doesn't spread out. Nevertheless, if you are using OpenType, not TrueType, that could be your problem.



4th - make sure you don't have Adobe Type Manager installed (I used to use it in the good old days, but now that you don't need it, it can cause problems).



5th - make sure you have an up-to-date, windows certified printer driver installed. Even if you aren't hooked up to a printer. I can't remember how you fake it, but you could google it and find out - this definitely messes with PowerPoint.



And some questions if the above didn't help - is this happening all the time? Is it happening with all fonts? Do you have effects applied to the text?



EDIT: I've had my PowerPoint get messed up when I've opened a file from someone in Japan or Korea. Even though it looks normal and there are no non-English characters, something weird happens. I have fixed it with the repair feature. You didn't actually say if you've run diagnostics and repair - I still think they could help. There's always a reinstall.



FYI: I have seen your problem - the type reminds me of spread out teeth in someone's mouth. I just can't remember what I figured was going on. But I fixed it. Or worked around it. Or something.How do I stop Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 from being retarded?
Have you tried creating a new PPT file and typing in it? If the problem is restricted to the described file the file itself or a graphic within it may be corrupt. I have had corrupt graphics create similar problems--even altered font sizes.



Hope this was helpful.



Michelle

Microsoft PowerPoint Certified 2000, 2003

http://www.theproofpositive.com
i ended up having to uninstall and reinstall when that happened to me.
roll back to MS PP 2003. 2007 is a POS.
  • tv card4
  • rodents
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment