Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My browser fonts changed by itself and I need advice on system restore!!!!!?

My browser fonts recently changed to bold by itself. In Firefox for instance its bold and in chrome and opera its italic. Now firstly I dont know what caused this and I dont know how to change it back. I installed ACDSee recently and was told that ACDSee is quite problematic. I uninstalled it and thats when my problem started. Please note that I'm not 100% sure of this though. This is the only thing I can think of.



I can either do a system restore on Vista now, but I would also like to know if when a custom system restore is done, and I select the last one on the list (which is the ACDSee uninstall), will it affect the software I installed afterwords? For example delete those or will it just reinstall ACDSee again?



If anyone has any idea with this problem, please let me know, I'm at my wits end on this and have gone through endless forums. I dont know what to Google anymore!



Thanks!My browser fonts changed by itself and I need advice on system restore!!!!!?
You can change the font in firefox easily:



Video tutorial:

http://www.screentoaster.com/watch/stWElMy browser fonts changed by itself and I need advice on system restore!!!!!?
If you go into your browser's settings or options, there should be a thing to change the font, and also an option to restore to default, if thats what you mean.
a system restore will undo any installations/un-installations you have done since the time you ae restoring it to
If you do the system restore at the point where you have the ACDSee installed, it will no longer be there after the system restore is complete.



System restore is kind of a last resort, look in ';tools'; in FireFox and look at your default fonts if there is such an area (I've never had this happen so I'm not sure, and I don't use firefox anymore) and see if you can find something.



The best way to learn things is to poke around and find fixes, system restore is a good tool, but try to use it only when nothing else works, then try something else one more time.......it's not meant to fix every little thing that goes wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment